Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Faith Battle.....God WINS!!

God is so good!!

In March, my little brother left to go to Iraq. It was an extremely difficult time for our family. My brother had been down a very rough road and signed up for the National Guard. Although he lives in Arkansas, this was the longest we had gone without seeing him and the farthest he had been away.

There was alot of praying involved and of course alot of crying, but God gave me such a peace. I knew that God would bring him home safely. There were trying times when we wouldn't hear from him or his girlfriend, but God would remind me of his promise. He came home in November for a couple of weeks. Then had to go back. While he was there, a woman commited suicide by blowing herself up just feet away from the checkpoint he was working. He saw the whole thing. There was an election there and people were trying to scare everyone. I know there was a bomb blown up too. This was the worst it had been the whole time he was there. We were worried, but My God had made a promise and I knew who was in control.

I am proud to say that there is a sweet boy sleeping on my Mom's couch. He isn't the little toot that played barbies with my sister and I anymore. But he is a Hero and someone that I am very honored to call my brother.

God is so very faithful. He is deserving of all honor and glory. And I give it to him. Without his peace, I would have been a mess. And for anyone that knows me, I am usually a mess in one way or another. So, thank you God, for being who you are!! And THANK YOU for Kyle's safe return home.

1 comment:

Judah Manes: The Original Cozy Jewelry said...

Cori! You made me cry about your brotherman/HERO. I would love it if my children could meet your brother and tell him, "Thank you for serving our country!" We tell that to all service men, every chance we get.

[On a funny/goofy note, on Saturday we went to Grapevine and I saw a man in a camo shirt, and I told Michael, we need to go and thank him. Well, when we got up closer, it was a camo HUNTING shirt and he was wearing jeans, not a uniform. So, Michael in his usual form, said, "Yeah, we need to tell him: Thank You for Hunting!!!" LOL : }

Invite me to follow your blog on: safeinjesus@yahoo.com, so that I can put it on my list of blogs that I follow. My blogs are through the safeinjesus email. Then, please send me an email at Godsgirl4keeps to let me know to check the safeinjesus email. ]

Love you!
Happy Holydays!!!
Melissa